Thursday, July 29, 2010

One step at a time

One step at a time, one day at a time. This is fast becoming the way I approach everything in life. I am striving to not worry about the troubles of tomorrow, or the next day, and rather living in the grace of the moment. Tomorrow is tomorrow, not today. I applied that to the hills that I climbed today on a run in the SouthShore trails of Cootes Paradise. And it worked! So long as I don't look too far up the hill that I'm climbing, I can keep going. One step at a time. I'm sure many of us can relate to this in some way for much of our lives.

We had a strange day, one day after heavy chemo. Caleb was very tired all morning, and by the afternoon he had spiked a fever. A fever is a little different for Caleb right now, because they don't immediately start him on antibiotics. His blood counts are high enough to sustain a fight. They had to draw blood from his arm to make sure it's not his port that causing the fever. We'll get results on that tomorrow. The fever has come down, and he is peacefully sleeping now. Tim is with him.

They also stopped the 6 MP for now, even though it tastes like icecream. His liver needs some time to catch up with all of this chemo. They'll start it again when his liver function is normal.

We had a good afternoon, after the fever came down. Caleb played car wash for an hour at least. We love cars.

We're hopeful for a good night's sleep. Same for you.

J

1 comment:

anya genevieve said...

Hang in there guys; praying that things are better for Caleb today. love and prayers, anya