Friday, July 16, 2010

Therapy

Horticulture Therapy: being home means I can enjoy what's blooming and growing. And there's a lot of it here! This is our first summer with our gardens in full swing. Thanks to friends for helping us weed and water!

Physiotherapy: A new ride on pedal tractor showed up at our house yesterday. Caleb wanted to play outside! I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, Caleb or the neighbours who got to watch him play.

Art therapy: Caleb and Nella got to make a mess. Good times.


Being home is therapeutic. It's good for my soul; it's good for all of us. I guess that's why it's home. Today was my first day home with the kids with no support person in our house before Tim came home from work. Our meal was provided again, which is so helpful, especially for today! The good thing about being home by myself today was that I didn't realize it until mid-afternoon. It was a great day. I have to confess that Nella spent the whole day in her pajamas, but that was her choice.



I can tell that the kids are happy to be all together as normal. This morning at breakfast I asked what they'd like to do today (because I wanted to go for a bike ride). Both Nella and Caleb said they wanted to play with toys in the living room. And that is what we did for most of the day. Lego is a great friend.



Now it's time to start catching up on sleep, I hope. It would be good to get a few good night's sleeps in before the next time we need to be in hospital. It's the weekend, so here's hoping that the kids sleep in a bit (yeah right)! I hope you all have a good weekend.



J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Thanks so much for the continuous photos and updates. Not quite sure how you do it all! Continued prayers and thoughts . . . from the kids too . . . they often remember to pray for Caleb. Have a good weekend!
Marsha & Glen

Rachelle L said...

Hi Brand family,
I'm a friend of your cousins Rachel and Cori in London. My heart breaks for you, we are 16 months into treatment for our son who is now 4 years old. The words that I most remember being told at this stage is that "the treatment is going to take your son away from you, but that he will come back". The steroids do this, but your child comes back to you. Choosing to see God's blessings in every day is how we have chosen to deal with this illness. We pray the same for you. And we pray for healing for Caleb.

Anonymous said...

oh, I'm loving the art therapy :) that's awesome! strength and courage as you continue on this journey... in our prayers everyday!! - Michelle & Paul and boys