Sunday, June 27, 2010

more than just words

I woke up with a strong urge to put some pictures here. So here they are. It's less desirable for me to put these ones up, because Caleb looks less like himself. He's not had food since Wednesday, and he's very tired in these pictures. He's lost a lot of weight, I can see that now. We know that he is closer now to being healthy than he was 5 days ago, or 8 days ago, but it's hard to see right now. I talked with Tim this evening and he said Caleb had slept straight from about 8 pm. I do hope he's still sleeping soundly. Thanks for your prayers for rest.



Caleb watches Blue's Clues on Uncle Dave's laptop. Notice the blue tube that is wrapped around Caleb's blue bear--that's the "blow by". They can attach an oxygen mask to that tube, I learned today.

Cousins Emily and Sophia (Sara & Ralph's oldest two) presented Caleb with a gift from Mike's Miracles, started by a family from their school. It was a short visit, but nice to see Em and Soph and watch them help Caleb with his present.

This is close to 7 pm last night, a short visit from Oma and Opa, Aleah and Nella. Oma and Opa have been faithfully and devotedly caring for the girls since Wednesday. The girls are strong, even as it's hard on them. They both love Caleb's bed. Caleb looks so very tired, but he did try to hold Aleah's hand. She prefers to keep her fingers in her mouth.

J

1 comment:

MiR said...

Hey, this is Randy from SMC. I've been reading both Sara's and your blogs lately keeping in touch with your lives and seeing how I can pray for you both. The power of prayer is truly amazing and our God is so big and so good and because of that I won't stop praying despite road blocks, praises, encouragements or discouragements that arise on this journey. Trust me, I even have an alarm set in my phone to pray for your little guy at the same time everyday. I was thinking recently about that song you posted, "He knows my name" and it's true, the intimacy of that song is so empowering and uplifting. It's true, the Creator of the world, despite being perfect and the King of kings and Lord of lords, knows Caleb's name! He knows the very number of hairs on his head and he knows his inner feelings. He created him and because of that he knows him and he knows your family better than anyone else, better than you even know yourselves. Some of the work that God is doing in Caleb is unseen, but Jesus is working and I'm going to continue to believe and pray for healing. Jesus is so good! Everything He touches is good. I ask, Jesus, that you would touch Caleb with the fringe of your robe and bring forth full healing. Father, consume this family with your love, with the grace to press through in this hard time. Increase their faith and passion for you! Take what the enemy meant for bad and turn it to good, for your glory! In Jesus' name! You are all in good hands!
Love you & praying,
Randy